Monday 30 April 2018

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or challenge forms and Conventions of Real Media Products? - Poster




To begin research for my poster I started by analysing different existing posters from different genres to establish different conventions.


This showed me that all posters share the same conventions regardless of genre. e.g. Tag lines, billing, dominant central image.
Once I had decided that i will be basing my film on domestic drama genre I proceeded to analyse posters from this category to establish any specific genre conventions.



I decided that the background of my poster should represent the overall mood of the movie as this was something I found to be quite dominant when looking at poster conventions fro domestic dramas. I wanted the colours to be quite dull and dark. I decided not to include any characters from the film on my poster, however thinking about it I think it would of been a better idea to have included at least a protagonist so the audience can make assumptions and have a better understanding of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or challenge forms and Conventions of Real Media Products? - Poster

To begin research for my poster I started by analysing different existing posters from different genres to establish differ...