Monday 30 April 2018

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or Challenge Forms and Conventions fo real media products? - Magazine





To research the conventions of magazine front covers, I analysed two different kinds of magazines; a mainstream magazine and an independent magazine.






The aim of this task was to establish whether the two different magazines shared the same conventions regardless of who their target audience is. I concluded that all magazines do share the main conventions e.g. masthead/cover lines however how these conventions are used are dependent on the magazine audience.



This shows me that i need to include these conventions in my magazine to increase authenticity.

My magazine masthead


I also looked at the styles of magazines that there were this enabled me to see what would be the most appropriate for my film to be advertised on.


Empire MagazineFront Cover Analysis
Filmmaker Front Cover Analysis
Sight and Sound Front Cover Analysis
Total Film Front Cover Analysis
American Cinematographer Front Cover





gg This research allowed me to establsih that the most suitable for my film would be a british independent magazien similar to sight and sound becuase my film was a low budget, British film. Once I had made this decision I needed to look into conventions of independent magazines in terms of font, layout, colour etc.

This research resulted me in producing a magazine cover that put forward conventions of a magazine.










It is evident that I did a lot of research into real media products to help me incorporate appropriate conventions into my own work  and helped in making it appear as authentic as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or challenge forms and Conventions of Real Media Products? - Poster

To begin research for my poster I started by analysing different existing posters from different genres to establish differ...