Monday 30 April 2018

In What Ways Does Your Media Use, develop Or Challenge Forms and Conventions Of Real Media Products? - Teaser Trailer"




Fir the main part of my coursework, I needed to create a teaser trailer to advertise my film. I had to carry out research into conventions of teaser trailers before I was able to actually create a trailer.

I began with looking at similarities and differences between theatrical and teaser trailers, this was so that I could establish what to include in a teaser trailer and what not to include so it doesn't appear to be a theatrical trailer. I analysed 2 films that had both a teaser and theatrical trailer.

Comparing Teaser and Theatrical Trailer 1
Comparing Teaser and Theatrical Trailers 2

This task showed me that teaser trailers are much shorter than theatrical trailers and they do not reveal as much information as it serves a purpose to tease the audience about what the film is about whilst not giving too much away.

I wanted to focus on the conventions of teaser trailers fro different genres So I analysed three different trailers from different genres.




I found that all the teaser trailers had the same conventions regardless of their genre. Some of the conventions were; images, tag lines, sound effects etc.












After deciding that I wanted my film genre to be domestic drama, I analysed teaser trailers of this genre to identify conventions of genre that I could include in my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or challenge forms and Conventions of Real Media Products? - Poster

To begin research for my poster I started by analysing different existing posters from different genres to establish differ...