Thursday 5 April 2018

How Effective Is The Combination Of Your Main Product And Ancillary Task?

As with any marketing campaign it is very important to keep a sense of interconnectedness across all the media products that are being used to promote the film; this is so that audiences are able to establish that each text is advertising the same film. This creates awareness of the film and audience members constantly seeing images associated with the film so that when it comes to making a choice about what to watch in the cinema these images are likely to be present in their mind.






One way in which I did this was by using the same text font across my campaign, this therefore made my film instantly recognisable through the use of the font and clear that they belong to the same film.

For the magazine I had to use a font which was slightly different to the others because magazines tend to have their own style which is consistent with each issue released, so it made sense to do this as it would add to the authenticity of the magazine cover.






My main focus was on the reviews of my film because my film was from an independent British film company the budget was obviously lower and in order for my film to be watched the reviews from other magazines/film companies would help with this. I therefore chose to include lots of reviews in both my teaser trailer and poster so that the audience can get a sense of what the film is about and what others had to say about it this is then likely to influence their decision on if they want to watch it or not.

For my magazine dominant image I used the movies director, I decided to do this because in my research and planning I found that in independent film magazines this was usually the choice of dominant image so in order for my film magazine to have a sense that it is low budget and independent I chose to follow a similar structure.





The release date is on both the poster and trailer, this again links them to the same film and the magazine issue is also in the same month, this again forms a connection to the other media texts.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop or challenge forms and Conventions of Real Media Products? - Poster

To begin research for my poster I started by analysing different existing posters from different genres to establish differ...